All you Need to Know about The New Tallest Building in Dubai
Dubai is known as the land of extravagance, and a leader of architecture in future cosmopolitan cities. That said, there’s a pretty new exciting project in Dubai! And the world is already in anticipation of the completion of the new building.
The building is set to dethrone the Burj Khalifa as the tallest building in the budding Emirate. The Burj Khalifa had a 10-year reign as the tallest building in Dubai and the world, but that is now about to change in the near future. The building taller than Burj Khalifa is currently under construction and near completion.
The New Tallest Building in Dubai
The new structure, known as “The Dubai Creek Tower” will be situated at the Dubai Creek harbor. Construction began in 2016 and is set to be completed before the Dubai World Expo, which has been postponed to October 2021. It is being built by Emaar Properties, the same construction company behind Burj Khalifa.
Dubai’s new tallest building is expected to cost around $1billion. It is part of the 6 square kilometer master plan at the Dubai Creek harbor.
The plan is a world-class development project that seeks to link old Dubai with the modern metropolitan that is currently Dubai, with the tower as the focal point. The plan will also include developing various commercial districts made up of high-end residences, hotels, event spaces, galleries, and other amenities.
Tallest Building Design
The new tallest building in Dubai is designed by a Spanish-Swiss architect by the name Santiago Calatrava Valls. The architect is behind the City of Arts and Science complex in Valencia, Spain, and New York’s new World Trade Centre. Valls is well known for his futuristic and revolutionary structures, making his work in Dubai something that everyone is looking out for.
The tower’s design draws inspiration from the natural shape of a lily bud, with the image of a minaret. This is a distinct feature in Islamic culture. The central column is shaped like a slender stem. A net of steel cables resembling the ribbing of the lily’s leaves will be used to anchor the reinforced concrete column to the ground, providing structural stability on the structure.
Dubai Creek Tower Vs Burj Khalifa
Both the Dubai creek tower and Burj Khalifa are gravity-defying man-made wonders that will reign on the Dubai skyline. However, there are several differences between them. As the new tallest building in Dubai, here is a brief look at how the Dubai Creek Tower differs from Burj Khalifa:
- The Burj Khalifa is 828 meters while The Tower is 100 meters taller, standing at 928 meters tall.
- Burj Khalifa has 163 floors while The Tower is approximated to have 210 floors.
- The Burj Khalifa has three observation decks while the tower will have ten observation decks, along with a pinnacle room having 360-degree panoramic views.
The new tallest building in Dubai will have the following features;
- A height of 928 meters – The building will be a notch taller than Burj Khalifa, which stands at 828 meters.
- A pinnacle room- This is a slender and streamlined structure with a needlelike tip
- Garden observation decks- These will offer 360-degree views of Dubai, decorated with trees and other greenery.
- Glass Balconies- These balconies will rotate outside the tower’s walls
- Central Plaza- The plaza will be 500 meters in diameter. It will be used for retail spaces, a museum, auditorium, and educational amenities.
- Dynamic lights movements- The tower will have dynamic light movements and a futuristic beacon of light on its peak.
- Other features will include luxury hotels, restaurants, and tourist facilities
The Dubai Creek Tower: What to expect
What to expect from the building taller than Burj Khalifa:
- You can enjoy 360-degree views of Dubai city from the 10 observation decks at the tower. The tower is 100 meters taller than Burj Al Arab, offering an even better bird’s eye view.
- Get to visit the highest elevated garden in the world. The garden observation decks draw inspiration from the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and are expected to occupy multiple floors on the tower.
- Get to tour the plaza at the foot of the Dubai Creek Tower. The plaza, measuring 800 square meters will include water features and curated landscapes.
- Visit Dubai square, set to be one of the biggest leisure destinations in Dubai with shopping, dining, and entertainment facilities.
- The Tallest Building In The World Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Towers: A Global Trendsetter In Future Skyscrapers
Gear up for the new icon-The new tallest building in Dubai. On completion, it will take the crown as Dubai attraction. It is never too early to jot it down on your bucket list.