The Burj Al Arab: The Epitome of Luxurious Holidaying
The Burj Al Arab is the epitome of luxury and splendor that the city of Dubai offers. The grand hotel, built on an artificial island stands mighty and tall at 321 meters. It takes precedence over the Jumeirah Beach strip with its unique silhouette that resembles the sails of a ship. Famed for its luxurious extravagance, It is a must-visit spot for anyone holidaying in Dubai.
About Burj Al Arab
Here are some interesting facts about Burj Al Arab;
- It is built on reclaimed land located 280 meters offshore of the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. It is the 7th tallest hotel in the world, standing at 321 meters. Guests get to access the hotel via a bridge road that is 340 meters long.
- It took 5 years to build the iconic hotel. The construction began in 1994. It took two years to reclaim the land and build the island and three years to build. The hotel was opened in December 1999.
- The hotel is managed by the Jumeirah Group. It has a five-star rating but is often described as ‘the only seven-star hotel in the world’.
- It holds 28 double story floors, holding 202 bedroom suites and 6 restaurants.
- The hotel’s interiors are gilded in 24-carat gold. A gold leaf is used to enhance the hotel’s lavish interiors.
- Burj Al Arab is home to the largest Swarovski crystal ceiling in the world. The installation is at Junsui, the hotel’s Japanese restaurant, which is adorned with 21,000 crystals.
- Over 24,000 square meters of Statuario marble is used on the walls and flooring of the hotel.
What to Do at the Burj Al Arab
The Burj Al Arab is an extraordinary attraction with a long list of amenities to ensure that guests make the most out of their visit. Here are some of the activities that you can enjoy at this luxurious destination;
Visit the Talise Spa
The Talise Spa features treatment rooms, a Jacuzzi, indoor infinity pools, and luxurious treatments and therapy. You will get to have facials, massages, and signature spa services designed to help you relax and pamper yourself.
Apart from the spa, you can also visit the Talise fitness facility that offers group exercise classes. These include yoga, circuit training, cardio, strength training, and more. This is the best place to visit to achieve your fitness and health goals.
Nothing spells out fine dining like having a meal at the grandest hotel in the world. It boasts of six hotels and three bar lounges that serve a variety of cuisines. You can either visit the restaurants for lunch, dinner, or a delicious cup of afternoon tea as you enjoy the exotic views. Each restaurant offers a different specialty, offering you the very best to choose from.
The restaurants include; Al Mahara, Gold on 27, Scape lounge and restaurants, al Iwan, Al Muntaha, Bab Al Yam, Junsui, Sahn Eddar, Sky view bar, and restaurant.
Visit the Burj Al Arab Terrace
You can further enjoy your visit by taking a walk on the terrace. The structure stretches out into the sea, offering the best of outdoor leisure. It features two lovely pools, a restaurant, and a bar, a butler-serviced cabana, and a private beach area with luxurious sunbeds. You can take a dip in the pool, sip on a delicious cocktail, or simply enjoy a snack as you soak in the beautiful views.
You can indulge in a variety of water sports at the Burj Al Arab and cool yourself from Dubai’s hot weather. Among the water-based activities you can enjoy include:
- Banana boat and kneeboard rides
- Deep-sea fishing
- Luxury yacht cruises
- Water skiing
- Scuba diving courses
It offers various sightseeing tours for guests to explore the wealth that is Dubai’s history and culture. You can take expeditions to visit art galleries and museums or go on a desert safari and other sights around the city.
The Burj Al Arab is the epitome of true luxury. If extravagance and the high end are what you need for an exciting vacation, then you can place your bet on Burj Al Arab.