How to Experience Hatta Dam Kayak in Dubai 2021
Located at the Hajar Mountains, Hatta Dam Kayak is not only great for taking amazing photos from the magical contrast between the jagged, brown peaks and the dam’s breathtaking turquoise waters. It also makes for the perfect location to paddle in a kayak. Not only that, you get to enjoy a delightful lunch at the Café Gazebo following your adventurous escapade.
If you are looking to go kayaking in Hatta Dam but uncertain about what to expect, we have everything you need to know about the Hatta kayaking experience.
What to Expect – Hatta Dam Kayak
Kayaking is a popular water-sporting activity in Dubai. If you are looking to try out kayaking in Dubai, the Hatta Dam Kayak, located at the Hatta Dam which is a top in-demand destination offering the sport.
Visitors to The Hatta Dam Kayak enjoy kayaking around the vast lake formed by Hatta Dam and the jagged surrounding mountains. The location has gained a lot of popularity amongst tourists and residents alike seeking a relaxing and natural space to practice kayaking in Dubai.
Planning to visit Hatta Dam Kayak, yet? Read on for some key details about the entire Hatta Dam kayaking experience.
On arrival, and once you have got all your gear in place and ready to get going, instructors will offer you a thorough briefing on how to row the kayak and deets about and what to do in the face of any difficulty. Soon as you are ready, the adventures can begin!
You have maximum freedom to cruise through the lake for an unlimited period of time. So feel free to explore the lake and all of its scenic surroundings. If you are worried about getting lost, though highly unlikely, just remember to keep the starting point in your sight at all times. Kayaking is a truly tranquil experience and combined with rowing it’s also a bit of physical exercise.
Contrary to common misconception, kayaking does not require any previous training. Anyone is eligible to participate in the sport. Besides, it happens in the lake at the Hatta Dam, with no chance of any harsh waves and currents.
About Hatta Dam Kayak
How to Get Here
Besides kayaking, Hatta Dam Kayak is a popular road trip destination in the UAE. So if you are planning to go kayaking, prepare for a long, exciting drive. The best way to get here is by car. So fill your tank and get some upbeat music to spice the drive. The trip takes approximately an hour-and-a-half to get here Via the Sharjah-Kalba Road from Dubai.
There’s plenty of parking space at the Hatta Dam Kayak which is absolutely free for visitors. After parking, getting to the Hatta Dam Kayak is pretty easy. There are loads of signages everywhere you go with a clear pathway leading right up to the entrance. Here you can purchase your entry tickets if you haven’t already online.
Hatta Dam Kayak offers free lockers, and a limited number of facilities including changing rooms, over 100 kayaks along with other boats for rent. That makes it highly unlikely that you will have to wait long to get a kayak. Depending on your personal preference, you can pick a single or double Kayak. Note, however, there are no showers or washroom facilities.
Other Fun Activities at Hatta Dam Kayak
Although known as Hatta Dam Kayak, kayaking is not the only activity you will find here. You will find plenty of other fancy boats to pick from for rental. Other things to do there include:
- Pedal Boats
- Water Bikes
- Electric Boats including the Donut Boat
- Tour boats operated by a driver and can take up to 11 people
Things to Remember When Visiting Hatta Dam Kayak
- All participants for all activities at Hatta Dam Kayak must be above the age of 16. Otherwise, one must be accompanied by an adult. Children below three years of age are not eligible for the activities.
- You are highly likely to get wet while kayaking. It’s advisable then to dress comfortably (preferably in water-resistant clothing such as lycra or polyester). If you are planning to bring your phone or camera along, ensure to carry a waterproof case to keep your gadget safe.
- If you are visiting during summer, consider visiting early in the morning so you can catch the sunrise. This also guarantees to enjoy the ride at cooler temperatures before the sun is out. If visiting during winter, bring with you a light cardigan or sweater.
- Unless you are traveling via the Kalba – Maliha Road, you don’t necessarily need to apply for a visa. Just show your IDs at any checkpoints. However, it’s advisable to carry your identification card at all times.
Hatta Dam Kayak is definitely one of the most popular and exciting activities in Hatta Dam. Whether it is rowing on a kayak or boat tour sailing on the popping blue lake through the adventurous mountain enclaves, the sight is nothing short of breathtaking.
If you haven’t made plans yet to visit, it’s worth every dime and makes for a great destination worth a visit with friends and family.