Explore The Exciting Summer Camps in Dubai
When school gates shut, the long, hot summer means Summer Camp for little ones. This year, however, things have been a tad different. Children have spent more time at home than normal. Thankfully, restrictions are easing and many summer camps in Dubai will gradually reopen with safety precautions in place.
If you’re looking to keep your little ones stimulated – and busy, see below some of the city’s options.
Best of Summer Camps in Dubai
Atlantis The Palm
Atlantis The Palm goes hard when it comes to kids’ activities. It highlights at least six summer camps for the young ones and some great offers along for the parents to go with. Some of the options include:
- Summer Adventurers
- Junior Athletes
- Junior Masterchef
- Teen Athletes
If you’ve got time as a parent whilst your kid is at the summer camp, you get a free pool and beach to chill. You will also find great deals at the ShuiQi Spa.
Splash N Party
The Jumeirah-based children’s water park highlights an action-packed timetable of activities throughout the summer including:
The mid-morning and early afternoon are focused on:
A mix of sports, arts and crafts
Games including archery, karaoke, air hockey, ceramic painting, banana split making, magic shows, and much more.
The summer camp here allows your kids to get involved with all things arts and crafts. The creative space highlights:
- Two summer camp programs (for the little ones and teens)
- Different projects for little Picassos aged 4 to 10 to help them discover new artists and art techniques
- Students are allowed to sign up for one-hour workshops with an only one-time slot available per day.
- Summer arts mentorship is offered for ages 11-18. It helps the kids explore a personal project under the close supervision of an artist and instructor on a four-day program.
It’s never a boring moment at Club Mina’s summer camp. Children engage in fun activities including:
- Tackling obstacle courses
- Attending float fit sessions
- Team-building challenges
- Arts/crafts and design sessions
- Tree planting and ocean awareness activities to raise environmental awareness
- Core fitness
Fly High Fitness
The gymnastics facility recently launched a summer camp with fixed timings to help kids settle into a routine. Some of the activities in focus include:
- Martial arts
Some safety precautions incorporated, based on Dubai Sports Council’s guidelines include:
- Masks should be worn at all times (except during strenuous activity)
- Two meters of social distancing
- Regular facility sanitization of all equipment
- Temperature checks
Students are also are asked to bring their own towels and water bottles.
Gulf Photo Plus
The summer camp is dedicated to kids aged 8 and above. It focuses on teaching photography skills to the young ones, Gulf Photo Plus includes:
- A five-day program with different shooting modes and techniques for different age groups. This involves taking, editing photos on mobile phones, to manual shooting mode on DSLR/SLR cameras.
- Exploring different styles and settings e.g. shooting portraits and shooting in natural light Vs artificial studio lights
- A smartphone video and editing camp for those ages 12 years and above. The program is purposed on storytelling.
Safety precautions involve:
- Multiple disinfecting of all areas of the workshop
- Masks are a must (except snack time)
- Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves available around the gallery
- 50 percent of usual capacity (Eight students and the instructor)
A fun way to help your little ones beat the heat is at Ski Dubai. The indoor ski resort summer camp highlights:
- A five-day ski camps for ages 3 to 13
- An all skill levels (beginners, intermediate and advanced levels program
- Lessons on conquering the slopes
Emaar Kids Camp
Emaar Entertainment summer camp in Dubai Mall highlights:
- Loads of exciting summer camp programs for kids ages 4 to 17 years
- Classes across various attractions including KidZania, Dubai Aquarium and The Springs Souk
- All summer classes
The Sustainable City
The Sustainable City Summer Camp offers a hands-on experience to children aged 4 to 10 on sustainable living. Bring your kid here to celebrate the richness of nature. The city highlights:
- Freshwater supplies
- Local food production and recycling
- Baking activities in a solar oven
- Designing electric cars
- Embarking on a scavenger hunt
- Create an own model city
- Lessons on practical aspects of sustainable living
Dubai Sports World
The #EveryGirlCan concept is dedicated to girls aged 6 to 14. Through exercise and sports, the program aims to:
- Build confidence
- Instilling problem-solving attitude
- Skills that improve attention
- A range of sports including basketball, volleyball, kickboxing, badminton, ping pong (Table Tennis), and yoga
- Empowering workshops with sporting role model speakers
There are plenty of these and more engaging – and educational summer camps in Dubai to keep kids of all ages stimulated and busy.