Dubai Updated Precautionary Measures for Organizing Events and Activities Starting from 17 May 2021
According to the latest Dubai updated precautionary measures from Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management on the new precautionary measures for the tourism sector, the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing requests from all relevant stakeholders including Owners and Managers, hotel establishments, venues, halls, malls, and restaurants in Dubai to follow the below guidelines starting from Monday 17 May 2021:
- Observe at least two meters of physical distancing and mandatory wearing of (medical) face masks.
- Increase of capacity to 70% for all entertainment activities and facilities.
- Increased capacity to 100% for all hotel rooms.
Cafes, Restaurants, and Bars
- According to the latest Dubai updated precautionary measures, the number of people allowed to sit at one table has been increased to 10 people as maximum.
- For shisha serving venues, up to 6 people for maximum per table can now sit together.
- Restaurants in Dubai can now resume brunches.
- Bars can reopen and must adhere to the latest Dubai updated precautionary measures and all staff including visitors must have COVID19 vaccine.
- Entertainment activities are allowed to be held and must adhere to the latest precautionary measures and participants including performers and entertainers must have COVID19 vaccine.
- All above are extendable trial periods for one month starting from May 17, 2021.
Events and Occasions
- According to the latest Dubai updated precautionary measures, requests for permits will be allowed for classical, comedy events, theatrical, or business events of all types and must adhere to the latest precautionary measures and procedures issued per permit type.
- The extendable trial period is for one month starting from May 17, 2021, permits will be allowed for concerts, social and institutional events i.e. Gala Dinner & award ceremonies provided that all participants and attendees must have COVID19 vaccine and must adhere to the latest Dubai updated precautionary measures per permit type.
Accordingly, the Department reminds all concerned parties to fully adhere to Dubai’s updated precautionary measures and procedures issued. The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing will continuously assess the situation with the health authorities. We appreciate and value your cooperation and your efforts to serve the public and protect the health and safety of society.