Burj Khalifa Skyscraper | The Building Behind Dubai’s Greatness
The Burj Khalifa skyscraper exudes an aura of sophisticated elegance, lending the city of Dubai most of its bragging rights. It is not a wonder that the skyscraper is one of the most visited sights in Dubai.
Interesting Facts About The Burj Khalifa Skyscraper
How much do you know about the tallest building in the world? Here are some interesting facts about the Burj Khalifa skyscraper:
- At 828 meters high, the Burj Khalifa holds the title of the highest freestanding structure in the world.
- A desert flower – the spider lily which is cultivated in the UAE, inspired the shape of the Burj Khalifa skyscraper.
- To keep the building stable, premium heavy materials such as concrete and aluminum were used to construct the Burj Khalifa. The estimated weight is that of 100,000 elephants!
- The building exterior of the Burj Khalifa is covered with 26,000 glass panels. These were cut individually by hand. It takes up to 3 months to clean all the windows!
- The building’s initial name was supposed to be Burj Dubai. It was renamed the Burj Khalifa in honor of UAE president, Sheikh Khalifa.
- The Burj Khalifa has 164 floors and holds the current record of the highest number of floors in the world. However, the highest occupied floor is at level 154.
- Khalifa Dubai has three floors used as observation decks located at levels 124, 125, and 148.
- The world’s highest restaurant is located at the Burj Khalifa skyscraper. This is the At. Mosphere restaurant at level 122, where you can dine with exceptional views of the Dubai skyline.
- The Burj Khalifa skyscraper is also a residential facility. It holds the highest residential apartment at 385 meters.
- With its incredible height, Burj Khalifa can be spotted from up to 90 kilometers away!
Visiting the Burj Khalifa Skyscraper
To see the Burj Khalifa, visit the building’s At the Top observation decks at Level 124, 125, and 148.
At the Top – Level 124 & 125
Take the Burj Khalifa elevator traveling at 10 meters per second to reach the observation decks at levels 124 and 125. The decks have floor-to-ceiling windows to offer unobstructed, 360-degree views of the city, the desert landscape, and the Persian Gulf.
Audio guides are provided to give you a brief history of Dubai and an educational brief about the Burj Khalifa.
Venture out into the spacious outdoor deck for some air and enjoy the sights from 456 meters. It is also the best vantage point to see Dubai sunset.
At the top observation decks are equipped with high-powered telescopes. You can use them to identify different landmarks from the city below. Try out the green screen photography zone to uniquely capture your Burj Khalifa experience.
At the Top Sky – Level 148
At the top sky observation deck is located at 555 meters. Space has a luxury lounge where you can take some time to relax and enjoy some refreshments.
This observation deck offers an interactive experience with motion-sensing screens that you can use to explore different regions of Dubai. You can also venture out into the marvelous open-air terrace and see amazing views of the city from 555 meters!
Burj Khalifa Tickets
To visit the Burj Khalifa skyscraper, book the following ticket packages from Arabia Horizons:
At the top tickets – Burj Khalifa
- General Admission (Level 124 & 125)
These are general admission tickets to visit At The Top observation decks at level 124 & 125.
- At the top + Dubai Aquarium
This is a combo ticket to at the top observation decks at level 124 & 125 and later visit the Dubai aquarium at Dubai Mall.
At the top – Burj Khalifa Sky tickets
- At the top sky (Level 148 & 125)
These are general admission tickets to visit at the top Sky at Level 148 and level 125.
- At the top Sky + Dubai Fountain boardwalk
This is a combo ticket to visit At the top sky at level 148. Later, get to see the dancing fountain at the Burj Lake on the Dubai Fountain boardwalk.
- Burj Khalifa Metros | Visiting Dubai’s Top Two Attractions
- How Much Does A Helicopter Ride Cost In Dubai?
The Burj Khalifa skyscraper is a symbol of greatness, an architectural marvel that every visitor to Dubai should try. Get your Burj Khalifa Tickets with us now.