An Insight Into Dubai Cruise Terminal
Three in One Terminal
The three cruise terminals at the port include:
- Terminal 1-The oldest and not used frequently.
- Terminal 2-Features a small cafe, computers, free internet connection, currency exchange, ATM, tourist brochures, post office, small shops, and a convenience store.
- Terminal 3-Highlights the same features as Terminal 2 but with an additional VIP business center and facilities.
What to Know About Dubai Cruise Terminal
- The terminal is not as close to the city as it seems on the map. The gate to the terminal lies is lies at least 2KM away on Jumeirah and Sheikh Zayed Rd on the southwestern side of the terminal.
- The backbone of the Dubai Cruise Terminal is cruise Terminals 2 and 3. Cruise Terminal 2 remains the oldest built between 2008 and 2010.
- Dubai Cruise Terminal is 3450 square meters.
- From April 2019, free shuttles are available to the Dubai Mall. The first departure is at 9 AM running at intervals of 2hrs. Look out for desks inside the Terminal for the correct schedules.
- Paid shuttle buses are available to the airport. Alternatively, you can leave the port by taxi. Official Taxis are beige with a colored roof of red or blue and a meter.
- To avoid a taxi surcharge from the port, consider taking a shuttle (which is cheaper) to the mall closest to your destination.
- The cruise Terminal can accommodate 6 ships at any given time. However, on busy days such as the winter cruise season, the Terminal only handles two cruise ships at once.
- Several cruise Terminals overlap each other but all connected to the Cruise Terminal
- In 2016, Terminal 3 was launched to cater to the growing size of cruise ships docking in Dubai. Some of the biggest cruise ships departing from Dubai including Quantum of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, and Queen Mary 2 use Terminal 3. This is from the great passenger capacity processing at the Terminal.
- At the Terminal, booth-like structures represent different shopping malls in Dubai. The malls have a free shuttle bus service to their mall.
Destinations and Distance From Dubai Cruise Terminal
- Deira has located 13 km to the east.
- Burj Khalifa has located 13 km to the south.
- Dubai Mall has located 13 km to the south.
- Dubai Fountain has located 13 km to the south.
- Burj Al Arab has located 20 km to the south.
- Mall of Emirates has located 23 km to the south.
- Atlantis hotel is located 23 km to the south.
Sights Near Dubai Cruise Terminal
Burj Al Arab Hotel
A magnificent sail-shaped iconic hotel in Dubai. For best views of the luxurious hotel, head over to Jumeirah Beach nearby as there’s heavy security at the gate.
Tip: Take a taxi from the mall of Emirates metro
Currently, the skyscraper is the holder of the title of the tallest building in the world. The entrance to the tower is right at Dubai Mall.
Tip: For cheaper tickets, make your reservation in advance
The world’s largest mall and home to an indoor theme park, Aquarium, and skating rink. On the outside is the world’s largest dancing fountain with shows at intervals of 30 minutes from 6 PM to 11 PM.
Housed by the busy mall of the Emirates is an indoor ski slope. To access the attraction, you’ll need to rent winter clothing and equipment and purchase gloves and a hat.
Tip: Use the Metro Mall of Emirates.
A man-made island and home to world-renowned Atlantis resort.
Tip: Use the monorail that runs along the center of the Island.
The museum is Dubai’s heritage and showcases the city’s history.
Shopping and Restaurants Near Dubai Cruise Terminal
The outdoor historic market is located in the old city center, Deira district. You can also find modern gold souks in Dubai Mall and Wafi Mall.
It’s located in the south of the gold souk and specializes in spices
Look out for the giant French chain Carrefour in the Mall of Emirates and Wafi.
Dubai is a city of many faces from modern, traditional, and extravagant. The metropolis oasis is where you start exploring how far you can indulge in luxury.
The future of Dubai Cruise Terminal is no different as it aims at transforming it into an entertainment and luxury lifestyle destination featuring hotels, shops, and Middle East’s largest Marina (Adjacent the Terminal). It can’t get any better!