All you Need to Know About Dubai City
Do you need some information Discover the extravagant luxury, the extraordinary, the interesting, and the downright ridiculous in Dubai! The UAE is located on the eastern coast of the Arabic Peninsula, and southwest corner of the Arabian Gulf.
Globally, it is renowned as a flourishing center of international trade and innovation. In recent years, Dubai has fast risen as one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations.
It’s only in Dubai can one gaze upon or better still travel up, the world’s tallest freestanding structure-Dubai Khalifa tower. Not to mention, shopping in exclusive designer malls, traditional trade souks, and indulge in Arabic inspired feasts and adventures.
What to Know About Dubai City
- Dubai is the largest and most populated city in the UAE. The city has approximately 2,780,000 residents from over 200 nationalities. This includes countless tourists and traders.
- The state-of-the-art technology, world-class infrastructure, tax-free living, and a strategic location in the center of key trading continents, collectively make Dubai city perfect to do business.
- Dubai is among the leading luxury holiday destinations on the planet! Extravagance is synonymous in the captivating city. Additionally, a rich Arabic culture underpins local life in the city. However, Dubai is a booming tourism hub, visitors are welcome and encouraged to explore and enjoy the city’s gifts.
- Dubai is a monarchy. The Al Maktoum family has reigned in Dubai since 1833. The current ruler is His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bi Rashid Al Maktoum. The Crown Prince of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan is also the Chairman of Dubai’s Executive Council
- Tradition and culture underpin life in Dubai, but the UAE is a warmly hospitable region. Emirati people preserve Islamic heritage, and the majority are Muslim. Regardless, the people of Dubai are highly tolerant of their multicultural citizens and guests.The city has over 200 nationalities that call the city home. Each new group has brought with them their fair share of style, strengths and flavors adding to an already enticing culture.
Fun Facts About Dubai City
- The construction of Dubai’s Palm Islands took 94 million cubic meters of sand. The sand used here could form a 2 meter wide (6.5 feet) wall that can circle the planet three times!
- Dubai’s police force uses supercars as a symbol of royalty. Next time you’re in the city, don’t be surprised at cops doing a chase in a Ferrari, Lamborghini Aventador, or Aston Martin. In Fact, the supercars hold a world record for the fastest police car- Bugatti Veyron which costs US$ 1.6 million.
- At the height of the property boom in Dubai, the city’s skyline was packed with cranes. At the time, Dubai accounted for nearly 25 percent of the world’s cranes! The number of cranes in Dubai is still projected to rise considering the city’s fast-developing speed.
- There’s no income tax in Dubai. The magnetic trait attracts a lot of people who come to Dubai with the idea of saving a sum of money in a short amount of time.
- We all love to possess gold and finding Gold in Dubai is pretty easy! You will find ATMs in Dubai dispensing gold bars! You can also find gold at the Gold Souk-A traditional market with over 380 retailers .It’s estimated that more than 25% of the world’s physical gold passes through Dubai.
- Dubai’s latest development is Dubai Square. It is equivalent to the size of 100 football fields. The structure draws inspiration from the world’s best shopping destinations including London’s Oxford Street and Los Angeles‘s Beverly Hills. But it is much more than just a shopping mall. Like everything in Dubai, Dubai Square is no ordinary project. It offers an exquisite selection of globally renowned international and boutique brands as well as a selection of exclusive brands that will not be found anywhere else in Dubai.
- Dubai is a city not a country. The emirate of Dubai is one of UAE’s 7 Emirates
Dubai is larger than life and partly because of its impressive goal to constantly have the biggest and best of everything. Think of the best hotel on the planet: The Burj Al-Arab.
On top of that, the city hosts the following:
- One of the largest indoor malls in the world – Dubai Mall
- The biggest aquariums in the world, the biggest automated fountain, the tallest hotel, and one of the largest indoor ski slopes…
- A Holiday Cruise To Dubai, Explore The Magnificent City
- Dubai Creek Tower: Fun Facts About Dubai’s New Skyscraper
If you ever get the chance to visit this unique city, don’t miss out on some of the experiences we just discussed. Visit our Dubai Tourism website now.