A One Day in Dubai Adventure Explore The City of Gold
What would you do in one day in Dubai, the big, shiny city plunked down in a desert you ask? The scintillating city is unbeatable with a host of experiences and adventures which exploring in a day sounds like a tall order. In this post, we will compress the best thrills, chills, and spills in Dubai.
How to Get the Best of a One Day in Dubai Experience
Want value for your money during the short adventure?
- Plan ahead and make necessary bookings prior
- Map your route in advance
- Be clear on which sights you will manage to squeeze in and which to skip
A popular attraction most people visiting Dubai look forward to. As the highest building in the world, Burj Khalifa is quite a spectacle. Not to mention its outdoor viewing decks on 125th and 148th floors are something you will not want to miss.
Dubai is renowned for its enormous malls, and no visit is complete without exploring the malls. If you plan on visiting Burj Khalifa, then you will need to enter through Dubai Mall. The largest mall in the world. Besides shopping, Dubai mall also hosts:
- An Aquarium
- A virtual reality park
- An ice rink
- A cinema
- A flight simulator
The mall of Emirates is yet another mall worth a visit on your one day in Dubai adventure. It hosts Ski Dubai (an indoor ski slope).
The sheer thought of maintaining an indoor ski slope in a place that reaches 50 degrees celsius in the summer is incredibly astounding. For touch and feel of real Gold, make your way to the Gold Souk. Read more about Dubai Shopping Festival.
The Miracle Garden
The fascinating botanical garden is covered in flowers that range from houses, ostriches, and the best of all a full-sized Emirates Airline A-380. Read more about Miracle Garden In Dubai.
Burj Al Arab
Burj Al Arab is a super luxurious sail-shaped hotel on the beach. The 7-star hotel makes for a great spot to catch Dubai’s breathtaking sunset.
The world’s largest choreographed fountain system is located in front of Burj Khalifa. If you happen to get on the 125th-floor observatory deck, there’s nothing more fascinating than watching the wonder of the mega dancing fountain.
Tip: The show happens every few minutes so be sure to catch it from above and from the boardwalk behind the majestic Burj Khalifa.
Also known as Ain Dubai is the world’s tallest Ferris wheel. It offers unlimited views of the city, coastlines, and the golden desert from the top. The trip to the top and back takes no less than 48 minutes.
Dubai is packed with amusement and theme packs and a must-try including:
- IMG Worlds of Adventure-hails as the largest indoor theme park in the world.
- Dubai parks and resorts-A cluster of theme parks (Motiongate, Bollywood, Legoland).
- Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis Hotel, the palm (The famous palm-shaped Island). Key highlight- The lost city of Atlantis theme.
- Dubai Aquarium is located inside Dubai Mall with a key highlight of a 48 meters tunnel and a 10million liter water tank. Guests can immerse in fun, engaging activities of walking through the underwater tunnels.
Want to catch up on some history of the glamorous city in your one day in Dubai adventure? Old Dubai will take you back in time with its picturesque museums, and small museums. Key highlights include:
- The Dubai museum at the Al Fahidi Fort dating from 1787.
- The restored Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House (Now a Museum) for an insight into how the wealthy lived in old Dubai.
The Dubai Frame
The iconic structure frames amazing views of old and new Dubai. It’s a great metaphorical bridge connecting Emirate’s rich past and splendid present.
Hot Air Balloon Ride
To spice up your experience, how about a hot air balloon ride? It’s an unbeatable way to witness all the glory of the rolling sand dunes, the oases, and the heritage village.
Tip: Get yourself a telephoto-lens-enabled camera to capture the beautiful moment.
How to Get Around the City
If you’re wondering how you’ll move around the city, try the Dubai Metro System. It’s smooth, efficient, and frequent. The stations are clean and another highlight is the women-only section on every train.
Tip: Check on the map how far your destination is from the metro system.
- Arabian Desert Safari Odyssey The Best Experience In 2020
- A Skydive Dubai Height Awe-Inspiring Experience
Dubai is hands down a paradise and the modern capital of humanity. You may not get enough of the magnificent on your one day in Dubai but discuss are places you will not want to miss on your visit to the city.